Friday, December 24, 2010

Just a Couple of Friends...

This post is coming to you live from Jonesboro, AR on my cozy futon-insead-of-bed.
This is also proof that I shower, or at least it appears that way.

Six days ago was my birthday and tomorrow is Christmas, so Merry Christmas to all of my readers out there. I hope you are feeling the shopping rush, the traffic jams, and the stench of our stimulated economy. 
I have recently developed a love for over simplifying every situation of my life. For example: I am playing poker with five other friends, and I find it necessary to frequently define the action I am doing while doing it. Between hands I exclaim, "You know, we are just a couple of friends playing a game of poker. You know, not a big deal, just a couple of friends." I always crack myself up, and on average probably say that same, or similar, stream of words 50-60 times throughout the game. Primarily between each hand. This over simplification is not exclusive to poker. It can be used for anything. Say you are driving down the road, you could say: "I'm just a single person driving down this road. Not a big deal, just me and the road I am driving down." It can be quite enjoyable.

Just a couple of friends, playing poker, not a big deal.
Just a couple of girls, taking care of their skin. A common sight.
Literally several friends, at a cabin, just taking a picture.
Because I have wasted so much space with other things here is a simple recap of my Christmas break thus far:
It was my birthday and I danced into it, celebrated with a few friends the next day, went to a family Christmas thing, then headed out of town to my grandfathers cabin where we all had a glorious time because it is the most wonderful place on this Earth. Since the cabin I have simply played some poker with friends and blogged. As always, thank you for reading.

K. Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment