Saturday, January 15, 2011

Call me a Realist.

This blog is coming to you live from my dorm room.
I surprise myself at how attractive I can be.
If I was a toast giving kind of girl, I would give a toast to myself for writing another blog so close to my previous post. As it turns out, I'm not a toast giver.
Today I traveled to Tulsa to the Philbrook Museum. Let me tell you, I loved every second of it. There were VanGohs, Picassos, and original Madonnas. It was an old Italian style house filled with beautiful things and surrounded by beautiful things. I literally just walked in and and began weeping at all the beauty around me. The other patrons of the museum just stared and contemplated whether or not they should offer me help. I politely announced, however, that I was ok, just simply overwhelmed by all of the culture I was being bombarded with.
I mean, come on! (This is a madonna for my uncultured readers)

I returned from Tulsa to the Christian Choral Festival that was taking place on the campus of OC. I arrived in time to warm up with the OC chorale, which I am a part of. Now, I have a confession. When warming up with chorale, and various other choirs and sometimes in general life, I am instructed to do things I have no idea how to accomplish. For example, my friend Karissa warmed up our choir for our performance at the festival. She instructed us to pretend there were bees in our mouths and to hum as if such a situation was occurring.  Ok, fair enough, bees in my  mouth, no big deal. She then tells us to sing as if the bees were flying out of the back of our heads. Um, what? Everyone just acted like they knew what to do, so I went along with it. She then instructed us further to to sing as if the bees were flying out of our foreheads. I mean whatever, but I heard no difference in sound, nor did I sing any differently.

(this guy is doing anything but singing I assure you)

 Its like the same concept as imagining you are in your "happy place." That has never worked for me. I just always smile and nod and pretend I am in some place super happy. Call me a realist, but I'm not following. Just a thought. I also sang with about 400 other college aged kids tonight and we were singing  with those bees flying right out the back of our heads.

K.Jack


1 comment:

  1. Haha thanks for the shout-out. And the picture. That's terrifying.

    Happy birthday dear Ri-ERIC.

    ReplyDelete