Monday, October 18, 2010

I Have a Few Topics I Would Like to Discuss

1."Cray Cray"
 I attend Oklahoma Christian University and as there are at any school, we have fads. One of the current fads is the use of the word "cray cray." You may be asking yourself, "Why are people saying the name of a fish twice?" Well let me tell you world, they are not references the small nocturnal freshwater crustacean that resembles a lobster:
(a crayfish)
The word they are looking for is "crazy," or "insane" if you will. 
It is neither here nor there, just thought some of you outside listener of OC campus lingo may be a bit confused.
2. The Shmalon
At OC our school news paper, "The Talon" is distributed periodically. In response to the paper and in response to OC in general a paper entitled "The Shmalon" is distributed. I just want to say that I think this piece of art is brilliant. In the most recent article "The Shmalon" discussed some alumni who are taking jobs at places like On Cue, Starbucks, and Target.
I mean, they are cute and all but...
 I just want to say that if my Biology degree does not get me any farther than down Memorial road, I may need to transfer soon. I'm hoping for the best though, and planning to stick with OC for 4+ years.
3. Procrastination
It is the reason I created this blog. This blog is live from the library where there is little to no studying happening on my part. I have a huge test on Wednesday, but hey who doesn't enjoy a good blog?
I have a picture to prove my whereabouts.
4. Scat Master
Recently I have taken up the art of scatting. If you do not know what scat is have a looksie at this video.
I'm just as good if not better than this guy. 
5. This Weekend
So this past weekend I spent with my friend Kathleen Butler. We decided to study all weekend, so we made no plans and kept the TV off. Those things were accomplished. However, we woke up around 1:00 pm and began studying soon after. I did not move from her couch until about 9:45 pm that night. In over eight hours of "studying" I got about 10 chemistry problems done. I don't even know what happened. The whole day was a blur, but I think I had fun. In the midst of the studying we ordered some Chinese food. I had to reach a minimum order so they would deliver, but I guess I ordered more food than I intended because the guy on the phone asked me if I was ordering for a small business. I almost replied, "Oh no there are only two of us," but realized how embarrassing that would be. To make matters worse, when the delivery guy came he asked me if I was having a party. I just said yes and gave him the cash. I still have some noodles in my fridge.

Well, hope everyone has a great day!
K. Jack

1 comment:

  1. You got the cash?

    You run small business?

    This lot of food. You having party?

    Also, I don't know why when I speak in an accent I feel the need to remove all indefinite articles from my sentences. Oh, well.

    ReplyDelete