Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Peer Pressure

So, you may be thinking I will now blog about some major peer pressure in my life, but you would be wrong. I titled this blog "Peer Pressure" because that is what made me want to create this blog. Tonight I need to be writing a research paper and perhaps do some Chemistry, but alas I am not. I made a blog instead, so you better enjoy.
Where do I begin? I am a Freshman at Oklahoma Christian University and am a Biology major. The most ironic thing about my major is I have no classes that pertain to my major yet. I know you are dying to know what that schedule is so I won't retain that information from you any longer.
Bible and Classical Literature
Western Thought and Expression
Chemistry
Chemistry Lab
Voice Lessons
Chorale
There it is! Notice the lack of Biology courses. However, I do have the wonderful science of Chemistry. For those of you in that class with me, you may be aware of my motto: CHEM IS TRY! I live by it. Here is a picture of Chemistry featuring my friend (who probably would not claim me) Thomas Smith:

I am originally from Jonesboro, Arkansas where my family currently resides. Tonight I tried out for our schools holiday play entitled "Inspecting Carol." I will keep you posted.
School is tough. I enjoy objective science that has definite answers more than I enjoy subjective analysis of my scattered brain. As it turns out I have more of the later, but I am trooping through!
Since I have been at OC I have campaigned for one presidency, attended two symphonies, consumed 593 cups of coffee, tried out for two productions, and hammocked 13 times. Of those facts I made one up and turned another noun into a verb, so take that as you will.
Here is a picture of my friend Kathleen Butler in my hammock:
Yeah, don't let the fact that I am not in the hammock confuse you. It is mine.
I put this up and try to do homework in it, but then just fall asleep and wake up confused as to why I am outdoors. I should just withhold from hammocking when I need to complete legitimate work.
I miss my friends from high school a lot. I am mainly saying this because I have a picture I want to share with you:

Hot, I know.
Don't let their hotness deceive you, they are just as freaky as I am.
Every Monday I stay with my good resident assistant friend Hannah Faye Foster for "Katelyn Mondays!" I did not name it, I just accept the love.
When I study in my dorm room it gets a little ridiculous:
I love when the seasons change! Fall is upon us and in honor of the season change I painted my nails an edgy dark brown:
Not black.

Well, maybe next post I will have something more substantial and potentially reflective of my faith, but for now that is all I have.
K.Jack

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOSH
    i'm going to read this everyday so you better update it all the time because my life is now centered around it and i can't wait to see more every day of my life. and i love my picture. and the shout out to thomas smithy.


    P.S. I use hammock in its verb tense alllllllllll teh time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the funniest thing ever.


    "GOOD RESIDENT ASSISTANT FRIEND"


    ???


    WTF

    ReplyDelete