Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Black, Boredom, and Backstage.

This blog is coming live to you from none other than Chem is try!
here is the proof.
Neither Hannah Faye or Thomas Smith are here today in class, therefore I am virtually alone. You may ask, "Katelyn, are there no other students in your class?" Well clearly, as any random Joe could observe from my photo there are other people clearly displayed behind me, but the two absent today sit with me and entertain me/ give me something to entertain. I made a video of my self last night and wanted to show Hannah, but alas she is not here.
I am singing today in master class (a class that I have to take for my vocal scholarship in which I have to sing ever so often by myself in front of some peers) I will be performing Gia il Sole dal Gange. It is Italian if you didn't pick up on that accent. I wrote all that to transition into me telling you I had to dress up for the performance. I guess I got dressed in the dark, because this morning before class I went to the bathroom and when I looked in the mirror I noticed that I did not have the slip I usually wear with this on and now the world will be seeing my black underwear. Great. I will be on stage in front of about 15 college students, 2 accompanists, and 1 voice teacher. So, I hope they like black.
I'm writing a research paper on the affects of the Quran on pagan Arabia. It's going terribly. I turned in my thesis and outline for my paper this past Friday and it didn't go over so well with my professor. Just pray I can whip out a decent paper. I have had several all-nighters trying to make some progress, but usually I just end the night looking like this:

I am working on costuming for OC's production of Thoroughly Modern Millie. Let me tell you, the cast is looking good. If you see the show and think, "Wow, how attractive is that cast," be sure to remember I took great care in dressing each and every one of them.

 Actually my purpose in the show is relatively superfluous, but I do have a few small tasks throughout the course of the show. In the meantime I sit in the wings of the stage contemplating whether or not I should put my hands in the air and shriek across the stage at a random point in the show. I haven't done it yet.
Thanks for reading.
K. Jack

3 comments:

  1. I literally laughed out loud at several parts in this post. I'm gonna go ahead and say that you should put less time in between posts next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. K Jack, you contemplate "weather" during a play? I only do that when I am getting dressed and I wonder WHETHER or not I should wear a coat.

    Ps. It was good to see you yesterday!

    ReplyDelete